OUR TECHNICAL APPROACH
WHAT THE HECK IS A VALUE STUDY?!?
The speed of change can overwhelm even the best organization.
You are so busy “doing” that it is nearly impossible to voluntarily, Stop. Plan. And change.
Yet you need Solutions. Opportunities. Improvements. that will move you ahead of the competition without devouring your production calendar.
A value study is a high intensity, short duration, pressure cooker where your ADAPT Improvement Strategist harnesses your team of technical professionals to identify pre-vetted, implementable alternatives.
Alternatives that have you ready to implement and power through your roadblock, Creating. Massive. Results. Quickly.
YOU BRING THE GOALS – WE BRING THE PLAN
At Adapt Consulting, we’re not just consultants, we’re improvement, project, and growth strategists.
Frequent issues that defeat implementation of change and improvement initiatives are triggered by company norms, and a reluctance to experience the discomfort of change. We understand this dynamic and know what it takes to excel when it comes to finding improvement strategies that work for you. Beyond that, we specialize in implementation and creating tangible results for your organization.
Make sense of the often subtle motives that drive your buyer purchase decision.
Identify functions, Function Cost, and Value Mismatch activities to find critical opportunities for improvement.
Supercharge idea creation by removing the culture lenses that cause bias and limit creativity.
Analyze, validate, and filter opportunities against pre-defined success criteria to find implementable solutions.
Powerful changes are ready to implement and increase your bottom line. Implementation is the name of the game!
PROJECTS OF ALL TYPES AND SIZES… WE’VE BEEN THERE
(hover over an image to see more)
“Today your process came up with
things that I had never thought of.
The new idea being implemented
eliminates the foam by simply adding
more bulkheads– still accomplishing
the function, was a minor miracle.”
~ Design Engineer of 30-years
We found a reason for the existence
of each element of cost, except one.
It took some digging to find out
why that section was needed.
Although small cost, the quantities
made it a beneficial candidate for
Identifying inefficiencies &
understanding accountability are
critical. Our process blasted
away old thinking, enabling an
improved, scalable method to
allocate resources over thousands
of infrastructure projects.
The complex relationship between
federal, state, & local organizations
is well known. Our methodology
quickly cuts through emotion,
scope creep, & competing agendas;
& injects transparency into the
of political challenges.
At Adapt, we use an organized, proven process to uncover and fix “Value Mismatch”
Value Mismatch = Spending money in the wrong place.
Value Mismatch occurs when the cost is disproportionate to worth in the eyes of the buyer / user
Examples: High cost / Low desirability OR Low cost / High desirability
How does this work?
- Channel the motivating aspects driving the workplace and marketplace into packets of Small Data
- Transform this Small Data into well-understood functions to remove the emotional bias
- Micro-allocate costs of that data to clearly show where the mismatches are between what motivates your user/buyer/company
- Rational and actionable concepts to implement and accelerate your business outcomes.
A TECHNICAL EXPLANATION OF VALUE MISMATCH:
The three data points represent defined functions which have been overlaid with user-driven data and cost to accomplish data, then plotted on the chart.
- Represents great VALUE in it’s Cost-To-Importance Ratio.
- This could represent an opportunity to gain Market Share if our leading competitors spend more money to accomplish this function in a way that buyers prefer.
The “Sweet Spot”
- This is where a needed function is accomplished at a reasonable cost.
- Usually a zone that teams do not focus on, as the other zones have a higher potential impact.
- The “Low Value Mismatch Zone”: The cost to perform the function is higher than its perceived importance by the user. They typically do not want to pay for that function.
- This is the opportunity for high-impact change.
OUR APPROACH IS FOUNDED ON THE PHILOSOPHY THAT WHEN THE PROCESS IS IMPROVED, SO IS THE BUSINESS
We create superior improvement results by:
Bottom line? Our teams generate measurable and relevant alternatives that match YOUR unique needs. Through the identification of value mismatches, we address often-overlooked issues, and when those needs change, our flexibility begins.